Residential Organizing Services
Ellesee Organizing provides professional organizing services to residents living within 40 miles of zip code 28786. This generally includes Haywood County and most of Buncombe County, Swain County, and Jackson County, North Carolina.
Services that are not labeled as “local clients only” are offered virtually to residents nationwide.
(Are you a business? Please see my commercial organizing services here.)
Click to jump to a topic:
- Spatial Organizing (local clients only)
- Digital Organizing
- Home Operations Manual
- Life Organizing
- Task Management, Time Management and Productivity
- How Much Does This Cost?
- Things I CANNOT Help With
- How It Works
Spatial Organizing (local clients only):
- Home offices
- Filing, mail and paperwork
- Going (almost) paperless
- Command center
- Guest rooms
- Activity/craft rooms
- Storage rooms
- Living rooms
- Dining rooms
- General clutter management
- Removing items for donation from your home (whatever can fit into a 4-door sedan)
- Email management
- Computer files and photos
Home Operations Manual:
- The Home Operations Manual, AKA the “household binder,” is where pertinent information about the home, family members, and home inventory is stored.
- Can include a home map and reference sheet (usually one page), which would describe where to find items like stamps, batteries, first aid, fire extinguisher, check refills, etc. This can be used within the household only, or can also be created to give to babysitters, nannies, maid services, or visiting family members.
- Sections may include any of the following: calendars, recurring tasks, shopping lists, wishlists, someday projects, goal planning, gift ideas, passwords, holiday checklists, vacation checklists, emergency phone numbers and other contact info, medical information, power outage projects, chore schedules, tracking logs for exercise/wellness, music practice logs, and more — the possibilities are endless!
- The Home Operations Manual might also include spaces to store recipes, photos, business information, return labels, USB keys with important documents, postage stamps, coupons, extra cash, gift cards, tickets for upcoming events, and various keys.
- Creating a “Life Database & Final Wishes” binder and/or digital file, which includes vital documentation about your life. These documents range from your birth certificate to your financial assets to your pets and to your final arrangements — anything your loved ones will need to know in the event of serious injury or death. Learn more about the “Life Database & Final Wishes” binder here.
Task Management, Time Management and Productivity:
- Great for both residential and commercial clients — these principles can be applied to personal productivity, business productivity, household maintenance, and virtually any other area you can think of.
- Setting up task management systems for recurring or one-time reminders (these can be online or on paper).
- Learning and implementing best-practice systems for ensuring that time is spent well — and not wasted churning through faulty systems, non-systems or tedious workflows.
- Email management — how to handle too many emails, how to defer any actions associated with each of them, how to achieve “inbox zero,” and how to automate many of your email responses.
- How to prioritize your time and stay in focus of your goals.
How Much Does This Cost?
Please visit my Rates page for the latest rates and specials!
Things I CANNOT Help With:
- Organizing a home with unsanitary conditions (instead, please contact a local biohazard cleanup crew)
- Removal of trash from the home
- Moving or cleaning out a whole home (though I can help out with packing)
- Consigning items, whether at a consignment shop, Craigslist, or eBay
How It Works:
- We start with a Get Acquainted call, during which we discuss the projects at hand, review the options, and then formulate an action plan. Click here to get started.
- Organizing sessions are usually 3 hours long. Two sessions can be scheduled within one day, with a lunch break in between.
- Payment is due by the end of each organizing session. I accept cash, check, and credit cards. Prepaid discounts are available. Learn more about my rates here.