Life Database and Final Wishes
“Life Database & Final Wishes” (LDFW) is a convenient way to store all of the vital documentation about your life, all in one place. These documents range from your birth certificate to your financial assets to your pets and to your final arrangements — anything your loved ones will need to know in the event of serious injury or death. Depending on the product you select, the documents may be stored in a binder, which you would keep in your possession, and 2 USB flash drives that you can leave with trusted loved ones or an attorney.
Why would I need LDFW?
Life happens, and it’s daily! Everyone needs to be prepared when, and not if, an emergency occurs. Whether it is a natural disaster, theft, sudden illness, disability or death — a harrowing life event can occur when you least expect. Having all your vital information and important documents in one place will give you and your family peace of mind, knowing everything is in order should an emergency or death occur.
Who needs LDFW?
- People with assets
- People who don’t own very much at this point in their life (often, millenials fit into this category)
- Heads of household
- Frequent travelers
- Newlyweds bringing two households together
- Divorcing couples (for compiling tax records, marriage license, divorce papers when they are available, etc.)
- Anyone downsizing
- … and anyone who wants to be prepared!
What if I have a will already?
LDFW is not intended to replace a will. However, LDFW contains other important information, such as online bill paying info, your passwords, where you stored last year’s tax records, your affiliations, subscriptions, debts, pertinent medical information, and more.
What do I get along with the Complete Service and Program?
- The complete LDFW Excel workbook (over 60 pages) in digital form
- One binder of the printed LDFW workbook, yours to keep in your possession
- 2 USB flash drives to store the Excel workbooks electronically. These you will leave with an attorney and/or trusted loved ones.
- Record Retention Guidelines overview
- 9 hours of prepaid organizing time — compiling and sorting paperwork and documentation, filling in the Excel workbook, preparing the USB flash drives, and any additional organizing time needed.
What is in the actual Excel workbook?
There are 10 sections in the workbook:
- Introduction and Table of Contents
- My Personal Information — Personal and family history
- My Safety Net — Emergency plans and passwords
- My Assets — Real estate, vehicles, businesses, etc.
- My Money — Accounts, investments, retirement plans, and more
- My Debts/Payments — Mortgages, credit cards, loans, and more
- My Insurance — Various insurance policies
- My Medical Information — History, long-term care, medications, and more
- My Team — Your doctors, dentists, accountants, etc.
- My Wants — Final arrangements, funeral guest list, eulogy notes, and other final wishes
If you choose the Complete Service and Program, these sections will also be printed and stored in a binder.
What do the individual pages look like?
Here are 5 free samples you can view or download. They are all PDF versions of individual pages. Click on a thumbnail to see the PDF.
How will you help me with this?
Depending on the program level you select (see options near bottom of page), my help may include compiling and organizing the needed documentation; editing the Excel workbook; printing and organizing the binder and its contents; and providing the USB flash drive and its contents.
Often this process can be lumped in with general paper de-cluttering, and we can organize, recycle and/or purge documents as we go. That is up to you!
How long does this take?
Even if you know where all the documents are located, it generally takes a minimum of 9 hours for us to compile the documents, key all of the information into Excel, print the necessary documents, copy the Excel workbook over to the USB flash drives, etc. Depending on how readily available the documents are and how quickly we can sort through the paperwork, it can take 15-30 hours to get it all finished. Often, we can space this process out over a period of months.
9 hours of this time are included in the product cost for the Complete Service and Program and the Paperless Service and Program.
I’m interested in the program, but I don’t have Microsoft Excel. How can I make my own edits to the workbook?
Even if you don’t have Excel, you can download LibreOffice for free and make edits to Excel spreadsheets that way.
For the full service options, I will edit the Excel workbooks for you and also include a PDF “flattened” version of the Excel document on the flash drives.
Why do I need flash drives at all — why can’t I just email the workbook to my loved ones?
It’s NOT recommended that you send such a confidential document to ANYONE via email, or even that you send them a Dropbox link. It simply isn’t secure enough. The best way to hand over the document to your loved ones or an attorney is to do it in person.
How much does this cost?
For pricing, see the program options below.
The complete “Life Database & Final Wishes” service and program, including the 9 hours of organizing time and everything listed above, is $649. There are cheaper options as well, including download-only options.
Please note that for the full service options, any additional time beyond the 9 base hours will be billed at the time needed.
Please keep the following in mind:
- The LDFW is not intended to take the place of a will, nor does it serve as a legal document.
- You will need to consult your accountant, attorney, financial advisor, and/or insurance agent as to the length of time to keep any documents that specifically pertain to them.
- I cannot provide legal advice to you. You must speak with your own attorney, local funeral director, accountant, etc., in your own due diligence as you make your own decisions and plans.
- I cannot help you obtain most legal documents, simply because most jurisdictions will not provide your documentation to anyone but you (and you are responsible for the cost of obtaining them).
- No refunds will be provided if you are unable to find and obtain the documents you need.
To purchase the “Life Database & Final Wishes” program, please click on the appropriate option below.